Is TTT2 officially dead?

Discuss characters, gameplay, mechanics, strategy and more in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Moderators: Azaael, Kane, YeezyDude

zee the ceo
Dojo Master
Dojo Master

Is TTT2 officially dead?

Postby zee the ceo » July 25th, 2016, 9:06 pm

Does anyone even play or talk about this game anymore?
Zoe A
Modded Iron Fist
Modded Iron Fist

Re: Is TTT2 officially dead?

Postby Zoe A » July 26th, 2016, 12:19 pm

I play it far less than I used to. The only reason I started playing again was to practice for a tournament early last month.
If i'm going to be honest, I was pretty shocked that the matchmaking was fast, and without problems/bad connections; I was expecting it to be completely dead!

I went to the gaming festival where the tournament was held (for fun, not competitive) and there was a buzz around the game, but this was clearly people playing for the nostalgic value. "Oh my god they have Tekken, remember that?!" was what one person said.

I think it's well on the decline, but not completely dead..yet!
Queen of Iron Fist Tournament. Advocate of the Tekken community.

http://tekkengamer.com/author/zoea/
PinkAaron

Postby PinkAaron » July 27th, 2016, 12:30 am

My PS3 got killed by water damage like 3 weeks ago, so if wasn't already dead for me (was still playing it off and on), it definitely is now until otherwise. TTT2 I'll always remember as the game that forced me to "git gud" if you will, and for that... It will always have a place in my heart as a competitor.
PERFECTCOMBO

Postby PERFECTCOMBO » July 29th, 2016, 5:51 pm

Only playing it until t7 comes out.
Darkgunner_77/205

Postby Darkgunner_77/205 » July 29th, 2016, 6:28 pm

For me TTT2 is pretty dead, Idk but I don't like feel to play it anymore, maybe some casuals but not ranked that much..
Be a part of G Corporation Today!
http://goo.gl/forms/Oxj8KwbzeK0u5pwO2
Discord Server
https://discord.gg/0lR6NSDWmq2Cy46B
Lili Fan

Postby Lili Fan » July 29th, 2016, 7:14 pm

I just got the Wii U version a few months back while it was on sale (even though I already had the PS3 version). With that said, I still play it from time to time. In fact, I recorded a playthrough of mine for the game pretty recently.
Wolfie VII

Postby Wolfie VII » July 29th, 2016, 7:51 pm

I always felt it started to die when Tekken Revolution came out. Well, at least to me it did, because after that game came out I struggled to find any matches in TTT2. Which is a big shame, because I enjoyed the online in that one! If it is still possible, we should maybe set up sessions where we play it together?
"We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"
PSN (PS3 & PS4!): xWolfie-kun | Twitter: @WolfieKun
MeleeniumRXJ

Postby MeleeniumRXJ » July 31st, 2016, 8:11 pm

I haven't been on it in a while, but it seemed fairly active the last time I was on it.
GDwyvern

Postby GDwyvern » August 6th, 2016, 6:51 pm

Still quite active in the green ranks and lower. I still play pretty regularly. Got side trekked by Overwatch but that didn't last more than a month.
Vavecheese

Postby Vavecheese » November 28th, 2016, 8:05 am

It's dead. You can't play normal Tekken anymore. All there is, nowadays is dual capo spammers, dual Law spammers, dual Bob spammers and basically anything you can spam with. And they mostly play solo. It's annoying as hell and I can't have any fun in this game online. Since I bought this game, which was 5 months ago, I can't go over Mentor because of the ridiculous ammounts of spam. Only if you ever reach the higher Green ranks, and that's a big "if", will you start to actually play and not get mad for losing. It's just plain bad. I hope it's not that bad in Tekken 7. I don't wanna flip out because of stupid spambots.