First Impressions

Discuss gameplay, mechanics, strategy and more in Tekken 7 and Tekken 7: Fated Retribution.

Moderators: Azaael, Kane, YeezyDude

Lili Fan

First Impressions

Postby Lili Fan » June 2nd, 2017, 6:59 pm

Who has the game so far? I have it, and here's what I have to say:

This is the best Tekken game yet. It really is awesome. The fighting system is more refined than ever. Things are faster. I love the Rage Art addition. And best of all, the annoying bound system has been removed. I'll add more later as I play the game more and more.
epevans12

Re: First Impressions

Postby epevans12 » June 3rd, 2017, 2:16 am

I recently got it and been changing nearly all the Tekken 7 OST with the Jukebox.

As far as playing Tekken 7 (T7) goes, I been practicing so far with Josie and Eliza. Hopefully, I'll be ready to play for real after I try out Claudio, Kazumi, and Katarina tomorrow to give some more insight for this game later.
Augosyx

Postby Augosyx » June 4th, 2017, 7:27 am

It has been a great experience. I feel the T5 vibe playing Tekken 7. Being a Jin and Lars main, I really need to re-learn Lars' combos since his moveset in practicality revolves around the Bound feature; Jin is barely affected. Might learn Josie as well.

As for The Mishima Saga, I'm saddened with the outcome but all things must come to an end.
Lili Fan

Postby Lili Fan » June 4th, 2017, 12:50 pm

I must ask, what happened to Team Battle Mode? This has been featured in all the Tekken games since Tekken 2, and has now suddenly been removed. It's a shame, because this is the mode I played on the most for local multiplayer. And what about Survival Mode? That's also been in all the games since Tekken 2. I'm hoping to see these modes added back in later on as updates or DLC.
Yurishizu

Postby Yurishizu » June 4th, 2017, 2:00 pm

I have it but Im feeling like a noob. I tried to unlock Eliza but failed. Maybe it is cause Im mostly an offline player without a psn profile. Still have her code though.

The graphics are perfect, the speed is indeed better. Akuma is an unnecessary addition (maybe good for story purposes). Too bad Lei is missing. And we don't need two bears. Also why only 21 stages?

Congratulations to Harada and his team, this is the best Tekken after 5!
Last edited by Yurishizu on June 5th, 2017, 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lili Fan

Postby Lili Fan » June 4th, 2017, 2:40 pm

What I don't get why we have both Kuma and Panda, when there's only Eddy and no Christie in this one.
Yurishizu

Postby Yurishizu » June 4th, 2017, 3:45 pm

They wasted a slot when others more original and important characters are missing. They could have Lei, Jaycee (or a luchador fighter), Anna, Zafina, Jinpachi or Jun instead of Panda. Or a new animal, a wolf for example or a gorilla.

I dont know what Namco is planning to do with the season pass. Special stage and costumes are ok, but I hope to dont make any DLC character. I dont wanna pay for Lei and the missing ones when they were free to play in old Tekkens.
Last edited by Yurishizu on June 5th, 2017, 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Augosyx

Postby Augosyx » June 4th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Judging from The Mishima Saga storyline, some characters offer an introduction - in which case, the new characters; others through connections or the staple comical relief.

As for Season Pass, atm we currently have 6 (7 counting Eliza) "empty" slots in the character roster, 2 reserved for Guest Characters so we have 4 empty slots at the very moment and if memory serves right, we do get the returning characters for free and the guest characters behind a paywall. We don't have concrete info yet as the 2 Guest Characters' timeline are a bit far off so who knows what happens within the game's year lifespan.
Yurishizu

Postby Yurishizu » June 4th, 2017, 6:35 pm

4 returning characters? My previous list (without Jinpachi and Jun) seems legit. And there is always Ganryu, I forgot him and Harada seems to like him. I dont know how they will be free, but I think the guests are Ryu and Ken, so no need to buy when we already have Akuma. Unless you are a SF fan.
Last edited by Yurishizu on June 5th, 2017, 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
YeezyDude
Modded Iron Fist
Modded Iron Fist

Postby YeezyDude » June 4th, 2017, 6:48 pm

Amazing game and I Iove the new things in this one. But I hope that it'll get improved and more stuff will be added to it. As it's lacking some modes, characters, costumes, more rounds in arcade mode and more fun modes added to the Online Mode as well. Oh and the Online Mode needs to be improved as well. Other than that... I love it!