Kazuma Kiryu is perfect for Tekken 7.

Discuss gameplay, mechanics, strategy and more in Tekken 7 and Tekken 7: Fated Retribution.

Moderators: Azaael, Kane, YeezyDude

Should Kiryu be the first guest character in Tekken 7?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 4
XOTWOD

Re: Kazuma Kiryu is perfect for Tekken 7.

Postby XOTWOD » June 5th, 2017, 12:53 pm

a tad bit more info has been released about the first guest character

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tekken/comment ... ions_data/

there will be a meter for the character, so if things work out right, it could be Kiryu's heat bar
If it ain't XO, then it's gotta go!
LarsJunFan

Postby LarsJunFan » June 7th, 2017, 4:04 pm

I'm agree about everything))) Kiryu is fits to Tekken universe & that's very good! :D
I would love to see Kiryu VS Kazuya! For me it's best rival choice! :D
Don't underestimate other fighters, you never know what newcomer can do. He might be a much powerful than you. Or it could be me.
XOTWOD

Postby XOTWOD » June 7th, 2017, 6:21 pm

LarsJunFan wrote:
June 7th, 2017, 4:04 pm
I'm agree about everything))) Kiryu is fits to Tekken universe & that's very good! :D
absolutely, yes. EVERYBODY wants to see Kazuya vs Kiryu. It's just too good.

I wonder when the first guest character will be revealed? Maybe E3?
LarsJunFan

Postby LarsJunFan » June 8th, 2017, 1:26 pm

XOTWOD wrote:
June 7th, 2017, 6:21 pm
LarsJunFan wrote:

I dunno, maybe TGS2017 =) But whatever the case, we will see soon! ^_~
Don't underestimate other fighters, you never know what newcomer can do. He might be a much powerful than you. Or it could be me.
Augosyx

Postby Augosyx » June 8th, 2017, 5:13 pm

XOTWOD wrote:
First guest character is coming.... Winter? So, I don't think we might be seeing any of them Guest Characters any time soon. If anything, it's somewhere close to his/her character release into the roster.
XOTWOD

Postby XOTWOD » June 10th, 2017, 6:28 pm

LarsJunFan wrote:
June 8th, 2017, 1:26 pm
XOTWOD wrote:
LarsJunFan wrote:

I dunno, maybe TGS2017 =) But whatever the case, we will see soon! ^_~
Yeah E3 is relatively far from when the dlc will be released. TGS does seem much more likely
Augosyx wrote:
June 8th, 2017, 5:13 pm
XOTWOD wrote:
First guest character is coming.... Winter? So, I don't think we might be seeing any of them Guest Characters any time soon. If anything, it's somewhere close to his/her character release into the roster.
Wishful thinking on my part for it to be revealed at E3, you're probably right that it will be announced closer to Christmas
Yurishizu

Postby Yurishizu » June 11th, 2017, 3:07 am

How people are so sure about him? Do you guys know that Namco must buy the copyrights from Sega? And I dont think they would do that just for one character.

There are more possibilities for another Street Fighter, Ryu, Ken, Sakura or Blanka for example, since they already made Akuma and Ono is a good friend of Harada.

And there is always Goku because Namco already has the Dragon Ball franchise and needs promotion for the new game. Except from the similarities in both Tekken-DB.

But this, after the free Tekken 2 DLC Pack (with Lei, Jun and Julia) in christmas.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
XOTWOD

Postby XOTWOD » June 13th, 2017, 1:25 am

Yurishizu wrote:
June 11th, 2017, 3:07 am
How people are so sure about him? Do you guys know that Namco must buy the copyrights from Sega? And I dont think they would do that just for one character.

There are more possibilities for another Street Fighter, Ryu, Ken, Sakura or Blanka for example, since they already made Akuma and Ono is a good friend of Harada.

And there is always Goku because Namco already has the Dragon Ball franchise and needs promotion for the new game. Except from the similarities in both Tekken-DB.

But this, after the free Tekken 2 DLC Pack (with Lei, Jun and Julia) in christmas.
There's a couple of reasons why I think Kiryu has a chance to be in it (some of them already mentioned throughout the thread)

First off, we know it may not be a Bandai Namco character like Goku or Naruto, because the characters will be from a different video game license; Goku & Naruto are the same license as Tekken.

Secondly, if the characters are Street Fighter characters, then that would be seen more as an expectation rather than a surprise since there already is a guest character in the game from Street Fighter; they could have announced it much earlier on, instead of Harada tweeting to his fans who they want to see.

And lastly, Harada's got a good relationship not just with Capcom but with Sega also; he's talked about the Yakuza series before, and he was a supervisor on Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth which had SEGA signs within the game itself.

And there's more possible corroboration besides that; like I said, it's been talked about throughout the thread. So although it is not a guarantee, the chances of Kiryu being there are decent.
Yurishizu

Postby Yurishizu » June 13th, 2017, 2:01 am

XOTWOD wrote:
June 13th, 2017, 1:25 am
First off, we know it may not be a Bandai Namco character like Goku or Naruto, because the characters will be from a different video game license; Goku & Naruto are the same license as Tekken.
How do you know that? Harada said it in an interview, or you read it somewhere else? Is there any link for proof?
XOTWOD wrote:
Secondly, if the characters are Street Fighter characters, then that would be seen more as an expectation rather than a surprise since there already is a guest character in the game from Street Fighter; they could have announced it much earlier on, instead of Harada tweeting to his fans who they want to see.
We dont even know who the returning Tekken characters are. We're waiting for Tekken X SF after Tekken 7, thats why there are more possibilities for SF characters. They have to test them.
XOTWOD wrote:
And lastly, Harada's got a good relationship not just with Capcom but with Sega also; he's talked about the Yakuza series before, and he was a supervisor on Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth which had SEGA signs within the game itself.
A good relationship is not enough. They need the copyrights. Do you think Namco will pay Sega just for Kazuya Kiryu?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
XOTWOD

Postby XOTWOD » June 13th, 2017, 3:10 am

Yurishizu wrote:
June 13th, 2017, 2:01 am
How do you know that? Harada said it in an interview, or you read it somewhere else? Is there any link for proof?
Yes, it is common knowledge.
Tekken 7 will add two new exclusive guest characters from other video game licenses as paid downloadable content, Bandai Namco announced.
http://gematsu.com/2017/03/tekken-7-dlc ... ters-games
Yurishizu wrote:
We dont even know who the returning Tekken characters are. We're waiting for Tekken X SF after Tekken 7, thats why there are more possibilities for SF characters. They have to test them.
That's what I'm saying, if the guest characters are SF characters, BN could have said as much since it would not be a surprise, given that there's already a SF character in the game.
Yurishizu wrote:
A good relationship is not enough. They need the copyrights. Do you think Namco will pay Sega just for Kazuya Kiryu?
Um, yes? Isn't that the point of guest characters from different licenses? BN will have to get the license for Kiryu just like they did for Akuma, or any other character from a different IP for that matter. Also, a good relationship is plenty...seeing as how Akuma got into the game in the first place.