Kazuma Kiryu is perfect for Tekken 7.

Discuss gameplay, mechanics, strategy and more in Tekken 7 and Tekken 7: Fated Retribution.

Moderators: Azaael, Kane, YeezyDude

Should Kiryu be the first guest character in Tekken 7?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 4
XOTWOD

Re: Kazuma Kiryu is perfect for Tekken 7.

Postby XOTWOD » April 24th, 2017, 12:43 pm

YeezyDude wrote:
April 24th, 2017, 12:20 pm
XOTWOD wrote:
April 24th, 2017, 11:46 am
YeezyDude wrote:
April 24th, 2017, 11:39 am

True... But they still got time to announce him before the end of December as PSX 2017 is always early December. And Yakuza is PS4 exclusive as far as I know... Which makes me think he might not be in the game :|
Yakuza is indeed PlayStation exclusive, but don't forget, the Tekken franchise itself was PlayStation exclusive for over 15 years. Not to say Yakuza will suddenly be multi-platform, but

-Yakuza 1&2 were remastered for the Wii U
-Kazuma Kiryu & Goro Majima were both featured in Project X Zone 2 for the 3DS

So while the Yakuza series is PlayStation exclusive, it is still 3rd party so it's fair game for Kiryu to show up on the Xbone and PC versions. In fact, it would be his debut on those platforms. Might draw even more excitement to people who never got to play em at all
True. But if he won't be PS4 exclusive then so don't I see him been in the game until Yakuza goes multi-platform again... If that happens one day.
Just as far as Kiryu goes being in Tekken 7, even though he's like a PlayStation mascot, at the end of the day - Sony does not own the rights to the character, Sega does. Sega seems to have a good relationship with Bandai Namco so I don't think they would have much trouble licensing him in Tekken 7.

Man...at this point I will just be disappointed if he is not there. Harada by now I hope can see the hype
If it ain't XO, then it's gotta go!
YeezyDude
Modded Iron Fist
Modded Iron Fist

Postby YeezyDude » April 24th, 2017, 1:21 pm

XOTWOD wrote:
April 24th, 2017, 12:43 pm
YeezyDude wrote:
XOTWOD wrote:
April 24th, 2017, 11:46 am

Yakuza is indeed PlayStation exclusive, but don't forget, the Tekken franchise itself was PlayStation exclusive for over 15 years. Not to say Yakuza will suddenly be multi-platform, but

-Yakuza 1&2 were remastered for the Wii U
-Kazuma Kiryu & Goro Majima were both featured in Project X Zone 2 for the 3DS

So while the Yakuza series is PlayStation exclusive, it is still 3rd party so it's fair game for Kiryu to show up on the Xbone and PC versions. In fact, it would be his debut on those platforms. Might draw even more excitement to people who never got to play em at all
True. But if he won't be PS4 exclusive then so don't I see him been in the game until Yakuza goes multi-platform again... If that happens one day.
Just as far as Kiryu goes being in Tekken 7, even though he's like a PlayStation mascot, at the end of the day - Sony does not own the rights to the character, Sega does. Sega seems to have a good relationship with Bandai Namco so I don't think they would have much trouble licensing him in Tekken 7.

Man...at this point I will just be disappointed if he is not there. Harada by now I hope can see the hype
Hmm yeah this should be interesting. And if he's so is he maybe a timed-exclusive character for the PS4 version of the game.
XOTWOD

Postby XOTWOD » April 24th, 2017, 1:50 pm

YeezyDude wrote:
April 24th, 2017, 1:21 pm
XOTWOD wrote:
YeezyDude wrote:

Hmm yeah this should be interesting. And if he's so is he maybe a timed-exclusive character for the PS4 version of the game.
I dunno about that, it's already been revealed what the exclusive dlc will be for the Ps4 version - the classic playstation exclusive games' costumes, plus the tekken jukebox with games that never released on xbox

if you need more reassurance that Yakuza's long running history of being PlayStation exclusive will be a hurdle, also keep in mind that Cloud Strife was made available as a guest characters in Super Smash Bros 4, a character who debuted in final fantasy 7, exclusively on playstation later on PC and now receiving a remake on Ps4. ;)
YeezyDude
Modded Iron Fist
Modded Iron Fist

Postby YeezyDude » April 24th, 2017, 2:12 pm

XOTWOD wrote:
April 24th, 2017, 1:50 pm
YeezyDude wrote:
XOTWOD wrote:

I dunno about that, it's already been revealed what the exclusive dlc will be for the Ps4 version - the classic playstation exclusive games' costumes, plus the tekken jukebox with games that never released on xbox

if you need more reassurance that Yakuza's long running history of being PlayStation exclusive will be a hurdle, also keep in mind that Cloud Strife was made available as a guest characters in Super Smash Bros 4, a character who debuted in final fantasy 7, exclusively on playstation later on PC and now receiving a remake on Ps4. ;)
Yeah we'll see... But I think the 2 guest characters won't be those most of us want though :(
XOTWOD

Postby XOTWOD » April 24th, 2017, 2:17 pm

YeezyDude wrote:
April 24th, 2017, 2:12 pm
XOTWOD wrote:
YeezyDude wrote:

Yeah we'll see... But I think the 2 guest characters won't be those most of us want though :(
huh what makes you say that?

why would Harada ask Tekken fans who they want to see in the game if he's just going to disappoint them..?
YeezyDude
Modded Iron Fist
Modded Iron Fist

Postby YeezyDude » April 24th, 2017, 5:00 pm

XOTWOD wrote:
April 24th, 2017, 2:17 pm
YeezyDude wrote:
XOTWOD wrote:

why would Harada ask Tekken fans who they want to see in the game if he's just going to disappoint them..?
Because in the end so is it up to the developers he asks about this, NBGI. and the company those developers do work for. Like it doesn't seem like one of them will be a DOA character unfortunately :/
XOTWOD

Postby XOTWOD » April 24th, 2017, 6:42 pm

YeezyDude wrote:
April 24th, 2017, 5:00 pm
XOTWOD wrote:
YeezyDude wrote:

Because in the end so is it up to the developers he asks about this, NBGI. and the company those developers do work for. Like it doesn't seem like one of them will be a DOA character unfortunately :/
hmm...well Bandai Namco and Sega do seem to have a pretty good relationship. Sega signs were all around Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, and Taiko Drum Master which is a Namco game, was playable in Yakuza 5..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJkzHX-dRcc
YeezyDude
Modded Iron Fist
Modded Iron Fist

Postby YeezyDude » April 24th, 2017, 9:23 pm

XOTWOD wrote:
April 24th, 2017, 6:42 pm
YeezyDude wrote:
XOTWOD wrote:

hmm...well Bandai Namco and Sega do seem to have a pretty good relationship. Sega signs were all around Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, and Taiko Drum Master which is a Namco game, was playable in Yakuza 5..
I'm hoping for the best. So we'll see which 2 characters we'll be getting :)
XOTWOD

Postby XOTWOD » May 2nd, 2017, 12:56 pm

YeezyDude wrote:
April 24th, 2017, 9:23 pm
XOTWOD wrote:
YeezyDude wrote:

looks like the demand has reached Harada's attention after all.
First, we asked about guest characters. Before getting on his flight to Sydney, Harada asked his Twitter followers to send in their guest character requests. He received many, but one that stood out was Kazuma, one of the main characters in Sega's Yakuza series.

Don't necessarily expect Kazuma to come to Tekken 7 soon or ever, however, as Harada pointed out that guests characters can be a complicated matter. Bandai Namco would have to work out a deal with Sega in the case of Kazuma or any other publisher for a different guest character. A company might want to do a deal to promote an upcoming release, so timing is another factor that matters.

Going back to Kazuma, Harada said he was not aware that Western gamers were even aware of the character, so he was surprised to see so many call for him to be in Tekken 7. But again, don't get too excited just yet--"There are a lot of hurdles to overcome" for all guest characters, Harada said.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/tekke ... 0-6449617/

I would think that this talk of hurdles is just bluff, because it's not like they have never done guest character licensing before...they have even made entire games that are literally crossovers, and Kiryu has appeared in one.
YeezyDude
Modded Iron Fist
Modded Iron Fist

Postby YeezyDude » May 2nd, 2017, 4:05 pm

XOTWOD wrote:
May 2nd, 2017, 12:56 pm
YeezyDude wrote:
April 24th, 2017, 9:23 pm
XOTWOD wrote:

looks like the demand has reached Harada's attention after all.
First, we asked about guest characters. Before getting on his flight to Sydney, Harada asked his Twitter followers to send in their guest character requests. He received many, but one that stood out was Kazuma, one of the main characters in Sega's Yakuza series.

Don't necessarily expect Kazuma to come to Tekken 7 soon or ever, however, as Harada pointed out that guests characters can be a complicated matter. Bandai Namco would have to work out a deal with Sega in the case of Kazuma or any other publisher for a different guest character. A company might want to do a deal to promote an upcoming release, so timing is another factor that matters.

Going back to Kazuma, Harada said he was not aware that Western gamers were even aware of the character, so he was surprised to see so many call for him to be in Tekken 7. But again, don't get too excited just yet--"There are a lot of hurdles to overcome" for all guest characters, Harada said.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/tekke ... 0-6449617/

I would think that this talk of hurdles is just bluff, because it's not like they have never done guest character licensing before...they have even made entire games that are literally crossovers, and Kiryu has appeared in one.
Well whoever it is so do I hope that it'll be a good one!