Kazuma Kiryu is perfect for Tekken 7.

Discuss gameplay, mechanics, strategy and more in Tekken 7 and Tekken 7: Fated Retribution.

Moderators: Azaael, Kane, YeezyDude

Should Kiryu be the first guest character in Tekken 7?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 4
XOTWOD

Kazuma Kiryu is perfect for Tekken 7.

Postby XOTWOD » April 21st, 2017, 5:33 pm

Y'all published the article, and promoted this video about how he is the most requested character. Bandai Namco and Sega seem to have a very good relationship. There were Sega signs in Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth.

Kiryu was already with Kazuya in Project X Zone 3. He could easily be Kazuya's long lost brother.

Now, this needs to happen. Kiryu is perfect for this game.
If it ain't XO, then it's gotta go!
Yurishizu

Re: Kazuma Kiryu is perfect for Tekken 7.

Postby Yurishizu » April 22nd, 2017, 6:41 am

Yeah! But, he needs a transformation. If you want to make him Kazuya's brother.

Demitri Maximoff from Darkstalkers series could be another choice. Also, a vampire like Eliza.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
XOTWOD

Postby XOTWOD » April 22nd, 2017, 11:23 am

Yurishizu wrote:
April 22nd, 2017, 6:41 am
Yeah! But, he needs a transformation. If you want to make him Kazuya's brother.

Demitri Maximoff from Darkstalkers series could be another choice. Also, a vampire like Eliza.
Ah this guy looks cool but we alreasdy got a vampire in the form of Eliza :lol:

as for Kiryu yeah his fighting style and design would be an easy transition if they made him Kazuya's brother, he doesn't necessarily have to have Devil gene but he kinda "transforms" in the Yakuza games it would look like he's on fire, red or blue flames when his heat gauge is maxed out.
YeezyDude
Modded Iron Fist
Modded Iron Fist

Postby YeezyDude » April 23rd, 2017, 12:32 am

Agreed.
XOTWOD

Postby XOTWOD » April 23rd, 2017, 2:07 am

YeezyDude wrote:
April 23rd, 2017, 12:32 am
Agreed.
awesome

has Harada given any indication when the first guest will be announced? I'm guessing maybe closer to launch...although now it's only 2 months away.
YeezyDude
Modded Iron Fist
Modded Iron Fist

Postby YeezyDude » April 23rd, 2017, 12:57 pm

XOTWOD wrote:
April 23rd, 2017, 2:07 am
YeezyDude wrote:
Agreed.
awesome

has Harada given any indication when the first guest will be announced? I'm guessing maybe closer to launch...although now it's only 2 months away.
I think maybe at TGS 2017 or PSX 2017 ;)
XOTWOD

Postby XOTWOD » April 23rd, 2017, 4:56 pm

YeezyDude wrote:
April 23rd, 2017, 12:57 pm
XOTWOD wrote:
YeezyDude wrote:
Agreed.
awesome

Ah man it could definitely be at TGS 2017 but I was hoping they would announce it before the game's launch! Just to kill suspense and get more people to buy/preorder the game if it's the character they want.

I think PSX 2017 is unlikely though, because the first dlc will be released around that time (December 2017 I think) plus the character is not supposed to be exclusive to Ps4. If it indeed does becoming Kazuma Kiryu though, it might be the first time he is on an Xbox console or PC.
YeezyDude
Modded Iron Fist
Modded Iron Fist

Postby YeezyDude » April 24th, 2017, 11:39 am

XOTWOD wrote:
April 23rd, 2017, 4:56 pm
YeezyDude wrote:
XOTWOD wrote:

awesome

Ah man it could definitely be at TGS 2017 but I was hoping they would announce it before the game's launch! Just to kill suspense and get more people to buy/preorder the game if it's the character they want.

I think PSX 2017 is unlikely though, because the first dlc will be released around that time (December 2017 I think) plus the character is not supposed to be exclusive to Ps4. If it indeed does becoming Kazuma Kiryu though, it might be the first time he is on an Xbox console or PC.
True... But they still got time to announce him before the end of December as PSX 2017 is always early December. And Yakuza is PS4 exclusive as far as I know... Which makes me think he might not be in the game :|
XOTWOD

Postby XOTWOD » April 24th, 2017, 11:46 am

YeezyDude wrote:
April 24th, 2017, 11:39 am
XOTWOD wrote:
YeezyDude wrote:

True... But they still got time to announce him before the end of December as PSX 2017 is always early December. And Yakuza is PS4 exclusive as far as I know... Which makes me think he might not be in the game :|
Yakuza is indeed PlayStation exclusive, but don't forget, the Tekken franchise itself was PlayStation exclusive for over 15 years. Not to say Yakuza will suddenly be multi-platform, but

-Yakuza 1&2 were remastered for the Wii U
-Kazuma Kiryu & Goro Majima were both featured in Project X Zone 2 for the 3DS

So while the Yakuza series is PlayStation exclusive, it is still 3rd party so it's fair game for Kiryu to show up on the Xbone and PC versions. In fact, it would be his debut on those platforms. Might draw even more excitement to people who never got to play em at all
YeezyDude
Modded Iron Fist
Modded Iron Fist

Postby YeezyDude » April 24th, 2017, 12:20 pm

XOTWOD wrote:
April 24th, 2017, 11:46 am
YeezyDude wrote:
April 24th, 2017, 11:39 am
XOTWOD wrote:

Yakuza is indeed PlayStation exclusive, but don't forget, the Tekken franchise itself was PlayStation exclusive for over 15 years. Not to say Yakuza will suddenly be multi-platform, but

-Yakuza 1&2 were remastered for the Wii U
-Kazuma Kiryu & Goro Majima were both featured in Project X Zone 2 for the 3DS

So while the Yakuza series is PlayStation exclusive, it is still 3rd party so it's fair game for Kiryu to show up on the Xbone and PC versions. In fact, it would be his debut on those platforms. Might draw even more excitement to people who never got to play em at all
True. But if he won't be PS4 exclusive then so don't I see him been in the game until Yakuza goes multi-platform again... If that happens one day.