Tekken 7 is dead?

Discuss gameplay, mechanics, strategy and more in Tekken 7 and Tekken 7: Fated Retribution.

Moderators: Azaael, Kane, YeezyDude

Yurishizu

Tekken 7 is dead?

Postby Yurishizu » November 10th, 2017, 5:50 am

Since August for me. Dont take it wrong, I still love the series. But Tekken 7 is a little bit empty. After 2000 battles with all the items unlocked there is nothing to do.

The problem isnt only the lack of content but the lack of support! Harada and his team cant understand it. They seem focused somewhere else. Sales matters the most!

TTT2 was so much better in customization but considered a failure because of too many characters. Now we dont really need all of them in Tekken 7, no reason to add clones like Forest and Sebastian, since they are playing the same with Marshall and Lili. We need only those with unique movesets. Like Lei and Zafina for example.

So if I was Harada I will listen to the fans and add some old characters for free. After all this is a PS4 game, how TTT2 had more content and without payment?

Tekken 7 wont be saved with Geese and the next guest. They must update the game, add more things and expand the story. Otherwise it is already dead.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
YeezyDude
Modded Iron Fist
Modded Iron Fist

Re: Tekken 7 is dead?

Postby YeezyDude » November 10th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Yeah I hope that they'll add a lot of stuff to it before they're 100 % done with it.
Lili Fan

Postby Lili Fan » November 10th, 2017, 4:37 pm

Yeah, Tekken 7 is a great game and everything, but it really needs more modes. Like where's Survival mode and Team Battle mode? These modes are staples to the Tekken series, so I find it baffling ho they are nowhere to be found in Tekken 7. A Tekken Force-like mode would be nice too.

On top of that, they are taking too long with the DLC. I mean, we don't even have Geese yet, and there's still more DLC from the first season coming out after that.
Yurishizu

Postby Yurishizu » November 11th, 2017, 4:30 am

But even if you have Geese, does he really matters? This is just a guest, not another mode to play with. He doesnt belong to the story. Changes nothing.

SFV redeemed itself with the updates and new characters. Injustice 2 has Hellboy and now Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Tekken 7 will get the next guest in summer (probably Lau Chan from Virtua Fighter) and that's all for us.

Survival and Team Battle are good but a Tekken Force Mode like the Yakuza and Shenmue games is better. Something big to explore. Like Jin lost in the desert. Or the Mishima Zaibatsu building in the style of The Raid movie.

Unfortunately it is too late now. Harada and his team dont have enough time to create something like this. Thats why I suggest him to listen to the fans and add at least some old characters for free.

Because in a fighting game, the most important thing is to be able to play with your favourite character.
Lili Fan

Postby Lili Fan » November 11th, 2017, 12:03 pm

Yeah, I still need to get Injustice 2, actually. And really? All four of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? No way! I'm a big fan of the TMNT franchise, so hearing that is such great and surprising news!

Well, the addition of Geese will at least be something. But yeah, Tekken 7 still needs more and I'm hoping that in time, they will provide us with that. Tekken 7 needs to step it up.
Yurishizu

Postby Yurishizu » November 11th, 2017, 4:55 pm

Yes! All four of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles + Atom + Enchantress!
Boon clearly won Harada with this one.
Yurishizu

Postby Yurishizu » November 14th, 2017, 2:26 am

With Geese and Noctis revealed there are 4 empty spaces in the roster. Namco could fill these spaces with Lei, Anna, Jaycee and Zafina if they want to please fans.
YeezyDude
Modded Iron Fist
Modded Iron Fist

Postby YeezyDude » November 15th, 2017, 5:27 am

Yurishizu wrote:
November 14th, 2017, 2:26 am
With Geese and Noctis revealed there are 4 empty spaces in the roster. Namco could fill these spaces with Lei, Anna, Jaycee and Zafina if they want to please fans.
They could. But I've feeling that it won't happen until September-December 2018 :x
Yurishizu

Postby Yurishizu » November 15th, 2017, 11:42 am

I dont think they are going to announce Season 2. Old characters must be free, they wont spend time there. Maybe thats it for Tekken 7, move on to Fighting EX Layer.
YeezyDude
Modded Iron Fist
Modded Iron Fist

Postby YeezyDude » Yesterday, 4:00 am

Yurishizu wrote:
November 15th, 2017, 11:42 am
I dont think they are going to announce Season 2. Old characters must be free, they wont spend time there. Maybe thats it for Tekken 7, move on to Fighting EX Layer.
That's a very sad thing if they aren't planning on making the game stay alive after EVO 2018.