How are you getting by as we wait 6-8 months for Tekken 7?

Discuss anything outside of Tekken - whether it's other games, music, movies, news, technology or whatever!

Moderators: Azaael, Kane, YeezyDude

zee the ceo
Dojo Master
Dojo Master

How are you getting by as we wait 6-8 months for Tekken 7?

Postby zee the ceo » July 21st, 2016, 8:16 pm

Tekken 7 doesn't come out for another six months or more. If it schedule for March, then that's almost 8 months. What will you be doing while waiting on the game to come out? Trust me, I understand that it can be frustrating having to wait so long, but what can you do?

Playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is pretty much out of the question, as you mostly encounter trolls who do anything for a win, even if it's spam the same move over and over. And, the juggling in the game has reached its limit for me. Tekken 7 can't come out soon enough.

So, until then here's what I'll be doing. Playing a lot of Destiny (a huge new update comes out in a month or two), playing Call of Duty BO3 (and Infinite Warfare/Modern Warfare Remastered when they come out), watching others enjoy Tekken 7 on stream, and continue to make TekkenGamer a great resource for the Tekken community.

That's about it. :D

What about you? How will you pass the time?
Bosca

Re: How are you getting by as we wait 6-8 months for Tekken 7?

Postby Bosca » July 22nd, 2016, 1:54 am

I'm gonna try and get lost in big open world games like Witcher 3 and maybe Watchdog 2 if it has good reviews and word of mouth. I'm actually trying to play my backlog of games atm, so I have plenty to keep me busy in terms of gaming.

I'm also hoping to improve my ability in Tekken.. I'm not great, but I definitely made some efforts in TTT2 and I'm hoping a new community can push me further.
PreezNT

Postby PreezNT » July 22nd, 2016, 2:11 am

I play all kinds of games, especially games in the MOBA genre like Smite atm. It was actually the wait between Tekken 5 and Tekken 6 that got me into MOBA's and shooters in the first place. Gotta thank Harada for that <3
Rheon

Postby Rheon » July 22nd, 2016, 8:52 am

Still playing TTT2 regardless, but mostly just unranked matches.
Azaael
Modded Iron Fist
Modded Iron Fist

Postby Azaael » July 23rd, 2016, 1:19 pm

It's fairly easy for me to stay busy.

First up I have a family that includes a 26 month old so right there he's quite a bit of work. :mrgreen:

I play a wide variety of games. For fighting games, besides working on Tag 2/Tekken 6(tag 2 solo; I'm trying to keep in the solo mindset, I prefer 1v1 anyway), I have Guilty Gear Revelator which is my other fighting game these days besides Tekken and this is taking me quite some time since the last time I have played a GG game even *quasi* seriously was over a decade ago so I'm basically going in near-noob again. (I also am a Virtua Fighter fan but I don't really get to play that as often these days.)

Then Final Fantasy XV is coming out Sept. 30th and is guaranteed to suck up big heaps of time game wise until after the new year probably. It's the first time I've been legit, day-1 excited for an FF in like fifteen years or something.

Then I like ARPGs, the occasional casual bit of MMOs and a whole lot of retro gaming.

I'm a writer as well so when I'm not family-ing or gaming there's that. I'm good until T7 drops.
Tekken Retrospective: http://azaaell.tumblr.com/post/11088671 ... -all-links

Games: Tekken, GGXRD: R, many non fighting games as well. Sergei Dragunov devotee. Also into Lars, Lee, Kazuya, Hwoarang, Bryan.
zee the ceo
Dojo Master
Dojo Master

Postby zee the ceo » July 24th, 2016, 4:42 pm

I feel you. A wife and two kids myself, so I know how it can be. :D
Fethennour

Postby Fethennour » July 24th, 2016, 6:34 pm

PS VR will keep me waiting.

Hellbent

Postby Hellbent » July 24th, 2016, 6:50 pm

I downloaded ppsspp emulator just to play Tekken 6. Although now I'm really craving TTT2 solo or the real version of T6. Unfortunately I only have a PC and PS4 so it seems impossible to get my hands on a real Tekken experience.

If anyone else knows if there is any way to play T6 or TTT2 solo on PC that would be awesome. Still can't believe there are no Tekken games for PC or for PS4...

Thinking about making an app for myself that has all movelists so I can play T6 on my laptop without having to tab out all the time. Would anyone else use this? I don't see something like it in the Android store.
Yurishizu

Postby Yurishizu » July 25th, 2016, 2:47 am

Trying to survive with FFXV and probably one more game (Dead Island 2 or something else). And a lot of movies and series.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Fethennour

Postby Fethennour » July 25th, 2016, 10:27 am

Yurishizu wrote:Trying to survive with FFXV and probably one more game (Dead Island 2 or something else). And a lot of movies and series.
I have a good feeling Tekken 7 will be out long before Dead Island 2. :lol: