Introduce yourself!

Discuss anything outside of Tekken - whether it's other games, music, movies, news, technology or whatever!

Moderators: Azaael, Kane, YeezyDude

Sub_Chiller

Re: Introduce yourself!

Postby Sub_Chiller » June 4th, 2017, 10:30 pm

Hi everybody !
M'y name is Guillaume from France.
My last expérience on tekken is from...... Tekken 3 ! Since, i didn't play to any tekken. ( fucking FPS kill my life ). Now tekken 7 is here, and i decide to stop all others game and return to fight game.
I hope i Will find good and mature guys in tekken community.

See ya :)
Bong2589

Postby Bong2589 » June 5th, 2017, 11:36 am

Hi everybody ! My Name is Sherry and I am a HUGE TEKKEN FAN! :D
Kazuya Mishima

Postby Kazuya Mishima » June 5th, 2017, 8:42 pm

Hey guys :)

Okay just signed up (thank god there is a new Tekken online community, I used to be on Tekken Nation and after they closed down, there seemed to be no good Tekken online community left (not a fan of Tekken Zaibatsu) so I am happy that Tekkengamer is filling that void and hopefully it will be as awesome as Tekken Nation was in its best times.

Okay let me tell you some stuff about myself:

I am 34 years old and live in germany. I have been playing fighting games since the early 90s (Street Fighter II was the very first game I ever loved). I am not really a hardcore pro player and most certainly am not a Tournament level player but I`d like to think I am not exactly a noob or casual either. I´d say advanced but not pro level. I am also not the kind of fan who obsesses over frame rate data and all that technical stuff. What I love most about Tekken are the characters, fun gameplay, story/mythology and the fast paced combat.

I came to Tekken in 1998 when I got Tekken 3 for my 16th birthday (which is kinda ironic as that is the only Tekken game which does not feature my favorite character Kazuya) and It really captivated me for months and months on end. My favorites back in those days were King and Jin. Shortly afterwards in 1999 I started to explore the other entries in the series as well and particularly Tekken 2 really spoke to me. When I played Tekken 2 I was surprised how many characters were in that game that I never knew before (Lee, Bruce, Michelle, Ganryu, Baek, Armor King, Kunimitsu, Wang etc.) but it was especially Kazuya and Jun that I really fell in love with and when I learned that they were Jins parents I became incredibly intrigued by those characters and invested myself in them emotionally. I came to love them and particularly Kazuya (both as character and fighter) so much that I found myself not going back to Tekken 3 very often as both Kazuya and Jun seemed to be dead in that game. So I ended up playing Tekken 2 much more then any other game (that is until I discovered my love for Final Fantasy and Resident Evil in 1999 but thats a story for another time) and ended up missing its characters an awful lot in Tekken 3.

Then in November 2000 I got the Playstation 2 for my 18th birthday and my first game was (obviously) Tekken Tag Tournament. And man did I LOVE that game. All the Tekken characters (well almost, screw Gon and Bosconovitch lol) finally in one game, with breathtaking graphics and Tekken 3`s more fluid gameplay. Not to mention Tekken Bowl which I became seriously addicted to. Seeing Kazuya and Jun again in that visual glory and being able to team Kazuya up with either Jun or Jin (Back then nobody knew that Kazuya and Jin would be bitter enemies, I always wanted Kazuya to be protective of his son lol) and kick Ogres ass together was a fandream come true.

Then Tekken 4 came around in 2003 and although I did not love it as much as the previous games (mostly because of the cartoonish design and several gameplay changes) I especially loved two things about that game: The return of Kazuya (which obviously made me extremely happy) and the way the story mode was designed to really tell an epic and dark story with cutscenes leading directly into fights. I wanted Namco to expand on that concept for years and finally in Tekken 7 they delivered a full on cinematic story mode like Mortal Kombat or Injustice have done in previous games. Always wanted that for Tekken.

In 2005 then Tekken 5 came out and that was and still is one of my most favorite games of all time. They really learned from their mistakes in T4 and brought Tekken back to all its glory even though the story was pretty much the weakest yet. But Tekken 5 delivered so well with characters, design and gameplay that I didnt mind much. One of the best games in the series for me.

In 2010 I finally got a Playstation 3 and my first game was - you guessed it- Tekken 6. But that game disappointed me somewhat and was definitely the weakest Tekken yet. Gameplay was awesome and fluid, design was great too but I really did not like the scenario campaign (not big on classic beat em up gameplay and getting through countless repetetive fights was lame and playing through the story was a huge drag and not a fun experience) or the way the game presented itself in menus, loading screens etc. Something felt incredibly off about Tekken 6, especially on the heels of the supreme Tekken 5. I sadly have to admit that I quickly moved on to much better and more fun PS3 games.

My loyalty and love for Tekken was unwavering of course and so I put all my hopes into Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (especially since the original TTT had been one of my most fav games). The idea of another Tekken featuring all the characters and including even long lost ones like Jun and Ogre with awesome PS3 graphics and modern gameplay got me REALLY excited and in late 2012 (cant believe that this was already over 4 years ago) I finally got it and it completely made up for my disappointment with T6. Tag 2 delivered everything I had wanted and hoped for and was a kick ass game, a well rounded and complete Best of Tekken with nearly every character from T1-6 in there. In many ways it really was the perfect showcase for the series and the ultimate Tekken. I was very happy with it, particularly seeing Kazuya and Jun side by side again or seeing characters like Michelle, Angel, Ogre or Forest again. Chills.

And now Tekken 7 is here (cant believe all those years of waiting are actually over now, I still remember how Harada responded to Tekken 7 questions with "Its too early to talk about T7") and though I have some issues with it (mainly the changing of some command inputs, command input timing and the removal of classic modes and characters) and was disappointed that Jin basically played no role at all in the story and Kazumi only showed up in a flashback, I still LOVE the hell out of the Kazuya/Heihachi story, the incredible graphics, new game mechanics and the inclusion of Akuma (my most fav SF character since the SF Alpha days) and especially T7`s presentation and cinematic story mode are everything I could ever want from a Tekken game.

So yeah thats my history as a Tekken fan. Been with the series since 1998, Kazuya has been my main and favorite character for 18 years now (Thats frigging crazy!) and I experienced almost the entire evolution of the series, which feels pretty damn special.

Anyway I hope to find a great new Tekken community here that I can share my longtime passion for Tekken with. I missed that quite a bit.

Get ready for the next battle!
Wolfie VII

Postby Wolfie VII » June 5th, 2017, 11:52 pm

Kazuya Mishima wrote:
June 5th, 2017, 8:42 pm
Hey guys :)

Okay just signed up (thank god there is a new Tekken online community, I used to be on Tekken Nation and after they closed down, there seemed to be no good Tekken online community left (not a fan of Tekken Zaibatsu) so I am happy that Tekkengamer is filling that void and hopefully it will be as awesome as Tekken Nation was in its best times.

Okay let me tell you some stuff about myself:

I am 34 years old and live in germany. I have been playing fighting games since the early 90s (Street Fighter II was the very first game I ever loved). I am not really a hardcore pro player and most certainly am not a Tournament level player but I`d like to think I am not exactly a noob or casual either. I´d say advanced but not pro level. I am also not the kind of fan who obsesses over frame rate data and all that technical stuff. What I love most about Tekken are the characters, fun gameplay, story/mythology and the fast paced combat.

I came to Tekken in 1998 when I got Tekken 3 for my 16th birthday (which is kinda ironic as that is the only Tekken game which does not feature my favorite character Kazuya) and It really captivated me for months and months on end. My favorites back in those days were King and Jin. Shortly afterwards in 1999 I started to explore the other entries in the series as well and particularly Tekken 2 really spoke to me. When I played Tekken 2 I was surprised how many characters were in that game that I never knew before (Lee, Bruce, Michelle, Ganryu, Baek, Armor King, Kunimitsu, Wang etc.) but it was especially Kazuya and Jun that I really fell in love with and when I learned that they were Jins parents I became incredibly intrigued by those characters and invested myself in them emotionally. I came to love them and particularly Kazuya (both as character and fighter) so much that I found myself not going back to Tekken 3 very often as both Kazuya and Jun seemed to be dead in that game. So I ended up playing Tekken 2 much more then any other game (that is until I discovered my love for Final Fantasy and Resident Evil in 1999 but thats a story for another time) and ended up missing its characters an awful lot in Tekken 3.

Then in November 2000 I got the Playstation 2 for my 18th birthday and my first game was (obviously) Tekken Tag Tournament. And man did I LOVE that game. All the Tekken characters (well almost, screw Gon and Bosconovitch lol) finally in one game, with breathtaking graphics and Tekken 3`s more fluid gameplay. Not to mention Tekken Bowl which I became seriously addicted to. Seeing Kazuya and Jun again in that visual glory and being able to team Kazuya up with either Jun or Jin (Back then nobody knew that Kazuya and Jin would be bitter enemies, I always wanted Kazuya to be protective of his son lol) and kick Ogres ass together was a fandream come true.

Then Tekken 4 came around in 2003 and although I did not love it as much as the previous games (mostly because of the cartoonish design and several gameplay changes) I especially loved two things about that game: The return of Kazuya (which obviously made me extremely happy) and the way the story mode was designed to really tell an epic and dark story with cutscenes leading directly into fights. I wanted Namco to expand on that concept for years and finally in Tekken 7 they delivered a full on cinematic story mode like Mortal Kombat or Injustice have done in previous games. Always wanted that for Tekken.

In 2005 then Tekken 5 came out and that was and still is one of my most favorite games of all time. They really learned from their mistakes in T4 and brought Tekken back to all its glory even though the story was pretty much the weakest yet. But Tekken 5 delivered so well with characters, design and gameplay that I didnt mind much. One of the best games in the series for me.

In 2010 I finally got a Playstation 3 and my first game was - you guessed it- Tekken 6. But that game disappointed me somewhat and was definitely the weakest Tekken yet. Gameplay was awesome and fluid, design was great too but I really did not like the scenario campaign (not big on classic beat em up gameplay and getting through countless repetetive fights was lame and playing through the story was a huge drag and not a fun experience) or the way the game presented itself in menus, loading screens etc. Something felt incredibly off about Tekken 6, especially on the heels of the supreme Tekken 5. I sadly have to admit that I quickly moved on to much better and more fun PS3 games.

My loyalty and love for Tekken was unwavering of course and so I put all my hopes into Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (especially since the original TTT had been one of my most fav games). The idea of another Tekken featuring all the characters and including even long lost ones like Jun and Ogre with awesome PS3 graphics and modern gameplay got me REALLY excited and in late 2012 (cant believe that this was already over 4 years ago) I finally got it and it completely made up for my disappointment with T6. Tag 2 delivered everything I had wanted and hoped for and was a kick ass game, a well rounded and complete Best of Tekken with nearly every character from T1-6 in there. In many ways it really was the perfect showcase for the series and the ultimate Tekken. I was very happy with it, particularly seeing Kazuya and Jun side by side again or seeing characters like Michelle, Angel, Ogre or Forest again. Chills.

And now Tekken 7 is here (cant believe all those years of waiting are actually over now, I still remember how Harada responded to Tekken 7 questions with "Its too early to talk about T7") and though I have some issues with it (mainly the changing of some command inputs, command input timing and the removal of classic modes and characters) and was disappointed that Jin basically played no role at all in the story and Kazumi only showed up in a flashback, I still LOVE the hell out of the Kazuya/Heihachi story, the incredible graphics, new game mechanics and the inclusion of Akuma (my most fav SF character since the SF Alpha days) and especially T7`s presentation and cinematic story mode are everything I could ever want from a Tekken game.

So yeah thats my history as a Tekken fan. Been with the series since 1998, Kazuya has been my main and favorite character for 18 years now (Thats frigging crazy!) and I experienced almost the entire evolution of the series, which feels pretty damn special.

Anyway I hope to find a great new Tekken community here that I can share my longtime passion for Tekken with. I missed that quite a bit.

Get ready for the next battle!
Welcome to the TG forum! I always love seeing someone talk so passionately about the series! I've been a fan since playing Tekken 2 all those years ago so I certainly know what you mean about experiencing Tekken's evolution. We really have come a long way! :)
"We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"
PSN (PS3 & PS4!): xWolfie-kun | Twitter: @WolfieKun
Kazumi

Postby Kazumi » June 14th, 2017, 10:13 pm

hey been a fan of tekken for quite a while now. i was brought to this site by being linked it on game faqs

nice to meet you.
RogueSpizz

Postby RogueSpizz » June 18th, 2017, 8:14 pm

My PSN is RogueSpizz. I am new to the series. Currently a Feng Wei player, who is dedicating time and working hard to become a great. Glad to be here!
Damastah101

Postby Damastah101 » November 9th, 2017, 3:25 pm

Hello.
Lili Fan

Postby Lili Fan » November 9th, 2017, 7:57 pm

Damastah101 wrote:
November 9th, 2017, 3:25 pm
Hello.
Hey there. I'm glad you decided to join after I showed you this place. What do you think?
Damastah101

Postby Damastah101 » November 9th, 2017, 9:00 pm

Lili Fan wrote:
November 9th, 2017, 7:57 pm
Damastah101 wrote:
Hello.
Hey there. I'm glad you decided to join after I showed you this place. What do you think?
Pretty good so far.

I'll be on and off here though, might be more active in upcoming weeks.
Lili Fan

Postby Lili Fan » November 9th, 2017, 9:23 pm

Damastah101 wrote:
November 9th, 2017, 9:00 pm
Lili Fan wrote:
November 9th, 2017, 7:57 pm
Damastah101 wrote:
Hello.
Pretty good so far.

I'll be on and off here though, might be more active in upcoming weeks.
If you're still in contact with others from Tekken Nation, maybe you should tell them about this place too. And yes, this is Kokoro, which I'm sure you figured out by now.