Welcome! So, why the new forums?

Discuss anything outside of Tekken - whether it's other games, music, movies, news, technology or whatever!

Moderators: Azaael, Kane, YeezyDude

TekkenGamer
Administrator
Administrator

Welcome! So, why the new forums?

Postby TekkenGamer » July 21st, 2016, 2:57 pm

Welcome to our new forums! If you're not new to the site, you may have a few questions. We have answers!

Why the forums change?

Great question! We made the new forums because our other forum was super slow. That's unacceptable to us. We're all about delivering a great user experience, and slow pages are not that. Not only that, but the forums and profile system also made our main site slow. Page load times were greatly impacted. So it was a no-brainer that we needed to do something. We care about our TekkenGamer community, so we're always looking for ways to make your experience better. Our goal has been to increase page load speeds and we've accomplished that. THESE FORUMS ARE LIGHTNING FAST!

The forums are now on their own database, in their own location, and not tied to our main site. This means a much better community experience. All the same features you had before are on this forum as well. You can have your own profile, message one another and more. And, the forum software that we're using is MUCH BETTER. It's one of the best actually, phpbb.

What happened to my old account? Can I still use it?

The short answer is "no." Your previous account still exists, but it is no longer accessible. It was for our old forum and is still in the previous database. This new forum is in a new database and is not connected to the old one in any way. This will require registering, which you can do here. Don't worry, these forums aren't going anywhere for a long time (we're talking years).

Also, If you have any ideas for forum topics we need to create, let us know. We may consider it.

Thanks for your continued support!

- TekkenGamer
Fethennour

Re: Welcome! So, why the new forums?

Postby Fethennour » July 21st, 2016, 4:04 pm

I thought it would take longer to fix the forums, I am happy I was wrong. ;)

Thank you guys for putting that much energy in this website and forums, may it be kept alive for as long as possible by our love for the Tekken franchise.
TekkenGamer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby TekkenGamer » July 21st, 2016, 4:07 pm

Indeed! We are wasting now time! We mean business! We worked all night last night to get these forums up, because we know how important it is to the community. Thanks for your continued support!
monobun

Postby monobun » July 21st, 2016, 6:02 pm

Congratz on the new forums, these ones are much much better :) You guys should maybe post this announcement on the main page so people won't be confused?
TekkenGamer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby TekkenGamer » July 21st, 2016, 6:43 pm

monobun wrote:Congratz on the new forums, these ones are much much better :) You guys should maybe post this announcement on the main page so people won't be confused?
Will do! Thanks!
PinkAaron

Postby PinkAaron » July 21st, 2016, 9:12 pm

Hey guys TG staff, congrats on the new forums upgrade, definitely is much better and responsive.

Quick question: Are the archives to the old forums completely erased from the net?

Just wondering if I have to create a new thread for Steve players to catch up with new FR stuff in the T7 discussion, thanks in advance.
TekkenGamer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby TekkenGamer » July 21st, 2016, 9:27 pm

PinkAaron wrote:Hey guys TG staff, congrats on the new forums upgrade, definitely is much better and responsive.

Quick question: Are the archives to the old forums completely erased from the net?

Just wondering if I have to create a new thread for Steve players to catch up with new FR stuff in the T7 discussion, thanks in advance.
Hey PinkAaron, unfortunately yes. There was no easy way to migrate the information. If you need any help, let us know.

Thanks!
PinkAaron

Postby PinkAaron » July 21st, 2016, 9:30 pm

Ah okay, no biggie wasn't too much stuff anyways. I'll get around to it this weekend for those interested in learning Steve.
TekkenGamer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby TekkenGamer » July 21st, 2016, 9:35 pm

Awesome! Thanks!
Ryuhza

Postby Ryuhza » July 22nd, 2016, 12:11 am

Fantastic upgrade. I was worried that, eventually, the slowness of the old forum would push me away from visiting the site entirely. Now I can see this becoming my main Tekken community hub. It's been a while.