Injustice 2

Discuss anything outside of Tekken - whether it's other games, music, movies, news, technology or whatever!

Moderators: Azaael, Kane, YeezyDude

Bosca

Injustice 2

Postby Bosca » July 24th, 2016, 3:07 am

So Wonder Woman and Blue Beetle just got confirmed to be part of the roster joining Superman, Batman, Atrocitus, Supergirl, Aquaman and Gorilla Grodd. Decent enough start to the roster, makes me confident Nightwing and Harley Quinn will be back..hoping Zatanna comes back, but not as sure about her.

The game looks like it isn't straying too far from the original which is good IMO cause like Tekken it rewards character loyalists, but the new armour system were you can upgrade stats and moves like an RPG seems a terrible idea..it's like SFxT all over again, but they have said they'd make a competitive mode to even things out, but I think it will be usable in ranked matches, which could get messy.

I'm also curious about its release date, it may potentially clash with Tekken 7. I'm hoping there is a decent gap between the two, as they will share some potential buyers.

Anyone else interested in this series?
Fethennour

Re: Injustice 2

Postby Fethennour » July 24th, 2016, 4:29 am

Interested ? I am. I've spent hundreds hours on the first game, really enjoyed it. I can't wait for Injustice 2, which, according to me, will probably target a spring 2017 release (MK9, Injustice and MKX all came out in April), which is not too long after Tekken 7 indeed, but that does not bother me that much. I'll just play both. :D

I used to main Solomon Grundy in the first game, but I highly doubt he'll be back. At the moment, the only character that caught my attention is Gorilla Grodd, but it's way too early to compare him and the rest of the cast. I'll just wait for the next characters that NetherRealm will announce, and make a choice once the game is out next year.
zee the ceo
Dojo Master
Dojo Master

Postby zee the ceo » July 24th, 2016, 4:38 pm

Injustice 1 was okay. Didn't play it hardly at all, though I bought it. I played it maybe once or twice. What's different this time around?
PinkAaron

Postby PinkAaron » July 24th, 2016, 5:43 pm

I'll definitely be picking up IJ2 once it comes out since I missed out on IJ1's heyday due to being focused on School and improving myself in Tekken exclusively at the time.

Though when I did get around to trying out the first one I found it to be pretty fun and similar to MK9. The character I liked playing the most I found was Martian Manhunter, and I'll be looking out for his return for the next game.
Fethennour

Postby Fethennour » July 24th, 2016, 6:31 pm

zee the ceo wrote:What's different this time around?
Improved visuals, new characters, new stages, same game mechanics as the previous game, with this time new gameplay mechanics added, based on pieces of gear and armour you can collect and equip, with each one giving different effects (better defense, etc...), online game being using GGPO for a more fluid and better experience.

Of course, I didn't give any details (few are known at the moment anyway), but that's basically it for the differences between Injustice 2 and Injustice 1.
Bosca

Postby Bosca » July 25th, 2016, 4:55 pm

One thing I'm not clear on is if the character traits has returned?
Fethennour

Postby Fethennour » July 25th, 2016, 7:29 pm

Bosca wrote:One thing I'm not clear on is if the character traits has returned?
Yes.
zee the ceo
Dojo Master
Dojo Master

Postby zee the ceo » July 25th, 2016, 9:07 pm

Fethennour wrote:
zee the ceo wrote:What's different this time around?
Improved visuals, new characters, new stages, same game mechanics as the previous game, with this time new gameplay mechanics added, based on pieces of gear and armour you can collect and equip, with each one giving different effects (better defense, etc...), online game being using GGPO for a more fluid and better experience.

Of course, I didn't give any details (few are known at the moment anyway), but that's basically it for the differences between Injustice 2 and Injustice 1.
Good deal! Thanks!
Wolfie VII

Postby Wolfie VII » July 29th, 2016, 8:15 pm

If I have a PS4 by then I'll more than likely get it (If it doesn't clash with Tekken 7). I really enjoyed the first game :)
"We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"
PSN (PS3 & PS4!): xWolfie-kun | Twitter: @WolfieKun
CFW

Postby CFW » July 31st, 2016, 11:20 am

Loved the first game, character models are looking more realistic with the lighting and animation. Hoping for Catwoman, Raven, Circe, and Hawkgirl.
The bringer of woe.