Favorite Unused Character?

Discuss anything related to Tekken! Latest news, media, movies, merchandise and more! Please use the appropriate forums for specific gaming and character discussions.

Moderators: Azaael, Kane, YeezyDude

I would like to see...

Tougou
20%
Shin Kamiya
15%
Doctor Abel
5%
Robo Heihachi
5%
Monstrous Ogre
No votes
Black Devil Jin
10%
Devil Ganryu
10%
Wolf Demon
10%
Tekken-Chan
5%
Female Force Soldier
20%

Total votes: 20
Yurishizu

Re: Favorite Unused Character?

Postby Yurishizu » August 30th, 2016, 7:06 pm

Indeed! Agree with you. Tekken needs a wolf. Harada could use him much more! Even as Jun's transformation.

As for the artwork, do you mean this one?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SpiraNick87

Postby SpiraNick87 » September 5th, 2016, 8:00 am

Yurishizu wrote:Indeed! Agree with you. Tekken needs a wolf. Harada could use him much more! Even as Jun's transformation.

As for the artwork, do you mean this one?

Yes, and the one above!!! I had that poster on my wall as a kid. I was so excited to see the gameplay footage. I thought that Unknown and the Demon Wolf were two separate characters. I was so disappointed when Unknown turned out to be a souped up Mokujin. I still to this day think it was a missed opportunity with the wolf. His design is awesome!! He looks so menacing, his face is genuinely frightening.
Lili Fan

Postby Lili Fan » September 5th, 2016, 9:15 am

I remember there being a rumor about the wolf behind Unknown being unlockable in TTT1, but of course, that turned out not to be true. I recall some old cheat sites even had fake cheats on how to unlock the wolf. I believe I even tried one.
Yurishizu

Postby Yurishizu » September 5th, 2016, 2:59 pm

Of course it was a missed opportunity. Harada and Namco are stupid, they created such a cool character and left him unused. He must be playable with his own moves! Darkstalkers had Jon Talbain, Bloody Roar had Yugo, Killer Instinct has Sabrewulf, why no wolf in Tekken? Same with Zwei from SCV, Ein was there but unplayable.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SpiraNick87

Postby SpiraNick87 » September 28th, 2016, 7:22 pm

I did find it strange in Soul Calibur V how similar Zwei's design was to Unknown. Yet another unplayable wolf although he did have a few of his own animations and didn't stand completely motionless.