Do you care about tiers?

Discuss anything related to Tekken! Latest news, media, movies, merchandise and more! Please use the appropriate forums for specific gaming and character discussions.

Moderators: Azaael, Kane, YeezyDude

Lili Fan

Do you care about tiers?

Postby Lili Fan » August 10th, 2016, 7:37 pm

Pretty simple question here. Are you the type of Tekken fan who chooses characters based on their tier, or are you not?

I don't. My main is Lili, and I don't even know what tier she's supposed to be in. I'm more of a casual Tekken player.
Shikou

Re: Do you care about tiers?

Postby Shikou » August 10th, 2016, 9:24 pm

Not one bit. I play whoever I find fun to play with. I think some people tend to take tier lists a bit too seriously, to be honest....
epevans12

Postby epevans12 » August 10th, 2016, 9:59 pm

Nope... From what I gathered, tier lists are ultimately designed for top tournament players like Saint, Knee, Nobi and the like. 99% of us posting here (or any forum for that matter) lack those type of players game knowledge so these lists are mostly meaningless. With that said, I will use any characters that I see fit, even if they are considered the worst of the tier list.
MeleeniumRXJ

Postby MeleeniumRXJ » August 11th, 2016, 4:47 pm

Even when I was highly competitive, I didn't pick characters based off of tiers. I picked whatever characters I liked, which I still do. Tekken, overall, is a very balanced fighting game though.
LarsJunFan

Postby LarsJunFan » August 11th, 2016, 9:11 pm

Nor do i. I'm fan of Lars, Leo & Jun & i will be still remain to use them.
Don't underestimate other fighters, you never know what newcomer can do. He might be a much powerful than you. Or it could be me.
Darkgunner_77/205

Postby Darkgunner_77/205 » August 12th, 2016, 1:05 am

Not really tbh, I usually play Kazuya even If he's not top tier..
Be a part of G Corporation Today!
http://goo.gl/forms/Oxj8KwbzeK0u5pwO2
Discord Server
https://discord.gg/0lR6NSDWmq2Cy46B
Tamer

Postby Tamer » August 13th, 2016, 5:04 am

No, i started with Eddy like everyone else then i moved to Law because he looked pretty straightforward, no gimmicks. Then i brached out to Dragunov, Miguel, Kazuya and Lee. It's all about who is fun to play and teirs do not matter Tekken that much anyway.
Main: Law
Others: Dragunov. Miguel, Kazuya,
mubita410

Postby mubita410 » August 16th, 2016, 5:19 pm

Im sure majority of tekken players dont care about tiers and use the characters which most appeal to them.From my experience since tekken 2, the players who put the time and effort into learning a character make them top tier. A perfect example are pro players like circa anakin and saint who use jack who is considered low tier. but those guys are winning tournaments with jack.
YBNDM

Postby YBNDM » February 9th, 2017, 9:47 pm

I don't really care about Tier lists, for any game actually. I main Anna, but I've never looked at a tier list for any Tekken game I have played, so I don't know how good she is.
Tekken noob looking to get better soon. PSN: jjkbuenacruz.
LarsJunFan

Postby LarsJunFan » February 10th, 2017, 3:51 am

I don't care. either way, i'm still going to play with my mains. It does not matter, in what tier they are.

Oops! Sorry! I repeated ^^;
Don't underestimate other fighters, you never know what newcomer can do. He might be a much powerful than you. Or it could be me.