Who else liked Street Fighter X Tekken?

Discuss anything related to Tekken! Latest news, media, movies, merchandise and more! Please use the appropriate forums for specific gaming and character discussions.

Moderators: Azaael, Kane, YeezyDude

Lili Fan

Who else liked Street Fighter X Tekken?

Postby Lili Fan » August 7th, 2016, 12:47 am

Street Fighter X Tekken seems to be a pretty hated game, but I've always liked it. Once you get past the unnecessary features like the gems and the on-disc DLC fiasco, it's a pretty enjoyable game.

I like how the Tekken characters in the game retain many of their moves from the actual Tekken games, and yet, feel like Street Fighter characters.

Who else likes the game?
Yurishizu

Re: Who else liked Street Fighter X Tekken?

Postby Yurishizu » August 7th, 2016, 3:05 am

I like it as a SF game, but I dislike this DLC fiasco you mentioned, and the guest characters. Especially Mega Man's costume was awful.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Darkgunner_77/205

Postby Darkgunner_77/205 » August 7th, 2016, 7:27 pm

I don't see people playing it online but it's a good game
Be a part of G Corporation Today!
http://goo.gl/forms/Oxj8KwbzeK0u5pwO2
Discord Server
https://discord.gg/0lR6NSDWmq2Cy46B
Wolfie VII

Postby Wolfie VII » August 7th, 2016, 11:33 pm

I actually really liked it, and found 'bad box art' Mega Man hilarious. Never tried going online with it but I can't imagine many people play it now. The whole DLC situation is a mess though :/ The price tag has stopped me going for it. Although I won't go as far as to say I was shafted or ripped off, this game was given to me as a Christmas present :P

A present from my ex-gf, so a little awkward, but it doesn't stop me enjoying it aha!
"We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"
PSN (PS3 & PS4!): xWolfie-kun | Twitter: @WolfieKun
Delaynez

Postby Delaynez » August 8th, 2016, 12:12 am

I liked it for a month or two after it came out because I had a small group of friends to play it with online. I loved all the bonus CGI promotional story trailers they did for the DLC characters but I was not trying to spend extra money on them (no matter how much I wanted Elena and Christie :( ). I also think a big part of me liking it so much was finally being able to play as Poison. I don't think I see myself ever going back to play it again though lol.
Lili Fan

Postby Lili Fan » August 10th, 2016, 7:42 pm

Wolfie VII wrote:I actually really liked it, and found 'bad box art' Mega Man hilarious. Never tried going online with it but I can't imagine many people play it now. The whole DLC situation is a mess though :/ The price tag has stopped me going for it. Although I won't go as far as to say I was shafted or ripped off, this game was given to me as a Christmas present :P

A present from my ex-gf, so a little awkward, but it doesn't stop me enjoying it aha!
I just wish they would have had regular Mega Man in there instead. As for the DLC, I actually did end up getting that when it was part of some PSN sale, for $10 (it normally costs $20).
LarsJunFan

Postby LarsJunFan » August 11th, 2016, 9:17 pm

Well, i was disappointed cuz of DLC thing price. Also Mega Man was really... Nah, everyone is already dislike that Mega Man =)
Don't underestimate other fighters, you never know what newcomer can do. He might be a much powerful than you. Or it could be me.
YeezyDude
Modded Iron Fist
Modded Iron Fist

Postby YeezyDude » August 14th, 2016, 3:09 am

I'll maybe buy it if they remastered it for the PS4 NEO.
Tamer

Postby Tamer » August 14th, 2016, 1:13 pm

Some obvious changes could be implemented like tag throws from TTT2 to take away gray life. Get rid of that auto combo nonsense. Sony exclusive stuff was not needed. Gems not needed. Pandora not needed. Combos do not need to be that long, there were too many timeouts in that game. It has potential.
Main: Law
Others: Dragunov. Miguel, Kazuya,