What's your favourite Tekken game?

Discuss anything related to Tekken! Latest news, media, movies, merchandise and more! Please use the appropriate forums for specific gaming and character discussions.

Moderators: Azaael, Kane, YeezyDude

Wolfie VII

Re: What's your favourite Tekken game?

Postby Wolfie VII » July 29th, 2016, 8:23 pm

Lili Fan wrote:Tekken 2 seems to be a pretty popular game with fans lately. I don't know, I feel it hasn't aged very well, especially compared to Tekken 3. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game quite a bit back in the day, but today, it's kind of hard to go back to. I would still put it over Tekken 1 though.
I like to think its the earliest one someone can go back to and still have a good time with. Tekken 1 is an acquired taste these days since its aged horribly. But I do understand why a lot of people like Tekken 3 as well :)
"We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"
PSN (PS3 & PS4!): xWolfie-kun | Twitter: @WolfieKun
Lili Fan

Postby Lili Fan » July 29th, 2016, 8:32 pm

Wolfie VII wrote:
Lili Fan wrote:Tekken 2 seems to be a pretty popular game with fans lately. I don't know, I feel it hasn't aged very well, especially compared to Tekken 3. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game quite a bit back in the day, but today, it's kind of hard to go back to. I would still put it over Tekken 1 though.
I like to think its the earliest one someone can go back to and still have a good time with. Tekken 1 is an acquired taste these days since its aged horribly. But I do understand why a lot of people like Tekken 3 as well :)
For me, Tekken 3 is the earliest one that I can really go back to. Then again, Tekken 3 was my first Tekken game. I didn't play the first two until later on. But had I stated with an earlier Tekken game, I would probably still have that same opinion. Nostalgia isn't everything.
Wolfie VII

Postby Wolfie VII » July 29th, 2016, 8:41 pm

Lili Fan wrote:
Wolfie VII wrote:
For me, Tekken 3 is the earliest one that I can really go back to. Then again, Tekken 3 was my first Tekken game. I didn't play the first two until later on. But had I stated with an earlier Tekken game, I would probably still have that same opinion. Nostalgia isn't everything.
Tekken 1 was a weird experience for me. I didn't play that game till after TTT1 so you can imagine how I felt when I saw the difference. I do agree with you that nostalgia isn't everything. I think Tekken 2 just sticks with me not just because it was my first and not just because of the reasons in my earlier post, but because of all the hours spent playing it and it being the only one I really played with family relatives, something which kinda stopped happening as the years went by. So I suppose I'm a little biased towards it because of how much of a part it played in my childhood.
"We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"
PSN (PS3 & PS4!): xWolfie-kun | Twitter: @WolfieKun
Lili Fan

Postby Lili Fan » July 30th, 2016, 9:16 pm

So, if I had to rank all the main Tekken games, it would probably go like this:

TTT2>Tekken 5 (including DR)>Tekken 4>Tekken 6>Tekken 3>TTT1>Tekken 2>Tekken 1

Tekken arguably gets better as the series goes on. I'll probably put Tekken 7 on top too when that comes to consoles.
Delaynez

Postby Delaynez » July 30th, 2016, 9:52 pm

2 was my first game in the series and I love going back and playing it. Its definitely my #1 favorite. I also really love both of the tag games. Every single Tekken game has its own unique charm though and I love going back and playing all of them.
CFW

Postby CFW » July 31st, 2016, 11:14 am

Tekken 5 DR will always be my number 1.
The bringer of woe.
MeleeniumRXJ

Postby MeleeniumRXJ » July 31st, 2016, 5:56 pm

TTT2. Newer is always better.
Lili Fan

Postby Lili Fan » July 31st, 2016, 7:34 pm

MeleeniumRXJ wrote:TTT2. Newer is always better.
I will agree with that, for the most part, when it comes to Tekken. Tekken 7 will probably be my new favorite when it comes out on consoles.
YeezyDude
Modded Iron Fist
Modded Iron Fist

Postby YeezyDude » August 6th, 2016, 1:43 am

Tekken 3!

Then of course games like Tekken 2, TTT 1 and Tekken 5!
LarsJunFan

Postby LarsJunFan » August 11th, 2016, 9:19 pm

Tekken 3 & 5
Also all Tekken Tag spin-offs =)
Those games are great!
Don't underestimate other fighters, you never know what newcomer can do. He might be a much powerful than you. Or it could be me.