What's your favourite Tekken game?

Discuss anything related to Tekken! Latest news, media, movies, merchandise and more! Please use the appropriate forums for specific gaming and character discussions.

Moderators: Azaael, Kane, YeezyDude

Zoe A
Modded Iron Fist
Modded Iron Fist

What's your favourite Tekken game?

Postby Zoe A » July 25th, 2016, 2:56 pm

As the title says, what's your favourite Tekken game and why?

Mine is Tekken 2, simply because this is the game that really got me into the series. I was slightly older when I started playing T2, so I could appreciate it a lot more. :mrgreen:

I also love TTT & TTT2 just because I love pairing Nina with June/Michelle/Kunimitsu :lol: Deadly teams!
Queen of Iron Fist Tournament. Advocate of the Tekken community.

http://tekkengamer.com/author/zoea/
MSP10julia

Re: What's your favourite Tekken game?

Postby MSP10julia » July 25th, 2016, 4:03 pm

My favorite tekken game is TTT1 because of the tagging gameplay and the graphics ^^were so beautiful and I also pairing with Hwoarang/Julia and Jin/Xiaoyu :D
Jin Kazama, Hwoarang, Julia Chang and Ling Xiaoyu are my main characters on Tekken ^o^ :D
TekkenfanAfrica

Postby TekkenfanAfrica » July 25th, 2016, 4:12 pm

Mine is Tekken 4.It was the first tekken wich I have played.
Bosca

Postby Bosca » July 25th, 2016, 4:54 pm

I think Tekken 3, it was just perfect to me back then in every way like visual, roster, sound and "story".

DRO is a close second as it opened a new side of the game to me.
DaemonHead

Postby DaemonHead » July 26th, 2016, 1:22 pm

Has to be Tekken 3 or Tag 2. Tekken 3 for the gameplay, and Tag 2 for the enormous character roster.
Rajang

Postby Rajang » July 27th, 2016, 7:19 am

#1 Tekken 3

By far the most played Tekken game for me. It was an incredible reboot to the series that managed to appeal to so many non-fighting game fans as well. Its sort of the 3d version of SF2, when it comes to its impact as a fighting game. It had great new iconic fighters such as Jin and Eddy and even managed to replace characters like Bruce with a bad ass like Bryan. It did almost everything right. It also had incredibly fun mini-games such as Tekken Force and of course Tekken Ball, that added so much longevity to the game. The OST is also one of my favorites in any fighting game, I still listen to T3's OST to this day.

Close second would be T5:DR.

T1 was the first Tekken game I played at my cousins house but T2 was the first Tekken game I owned (came with our PS1) and I loved the tone, the soundtrack and the characters in that game. But looking at it from a gameplay perspective it is so much less fun to play than its sequel, it has aged poorly in that department.
Lili Fan

Postby Lili Fan » July 29th, 2016, 7:35 am

It's a toss up between Tekken 5: DR and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (I haven't played Tekken 7 yet). Tekken 5: DR for pretty much perfecting the Tekken formula (even more so than Tekken 3 already did) and bringing back some of the characters I missed from Tekken 4, and introducing my favorite character, Lili. TTT2 for the sheer roster (every single Tekken character is included) and replayability.

I love all Tekken games from Tekken 3 onwards though, really. Not that Tekken 1 and Tekken 2 are bad, but I find they haven't aged very well.
Darkgunner_77/205

Postby Darkgunner_77/205 » July 29th, 2016, 6:25 pm

Tekken 2, Me and some friends played that really much back in the days.
Be a part of G Corporation Today!
http://goo.gl/forms/Oxj8KwbzeK0u5pwO2
Discord Server
https://discord.gg/0lR6NSDWmq2Cy46B
Wolfie VII

Postby Wolfie VII » July 29th, 2016, 7:57 pm

Tekken 2. Enough said.

The first one I owned and has been my favourite to this day. The characters, the godly soundtrack, everything. Fun fact: The 'VS Devil' loading screen for the final stage scared me a bit when I was little. Still kinda gives me the creeps now! I think its the eyes haha! But I do like how Tekken 6 made a call back to that by having VS screens specifically for Jin and Azazel.

As I do say a lot, this is the game that got me invested in video game storylines, long before I got into games like Final Fantasy! The characters, music, and endings hold a special place in my heart.

I'd put TTT 1 and 2 as joint close second, purely for bringing back characters I missed so much, like Jun and Kunimitsu!
"We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"
PSN (PS3 & PS4!): xWolfie-kun | Twitter: @WolfieKun
Lili Fan

Postby Lili Fan » July 29th, 2016, 8:16 pm

Tekken 2 seems to be a pretty popular game with fans lately. I don't know, I feel it hasn't aged very well, especially compared to Tekken 3. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game quite a bit back in the day, but today, it's kind of hard to go back to. I would still put it over Tekken 1 though.