Guests in Tekken

Discuss anything related to Tekken! Latest news, media, movies, merchandise and more! Please use the appropriate forums for specific gaming and character discussions.

Moderators: Azaael, Kane, YeezyDude

YeezyDude
Modded Iron Fist
Modded Iron Fist

Re: Guests in Tekken

Postby YeezyDude » September 18th, 2016, 2:38 pm

Yurishizu wrote:Agree MK is too violent for Tekken, and not all KI characters fit. As for Darkstalkers it is another Capcom fighting game, darker than SF and Rival Schools https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkstalkers
I see.

Maybe if they do make another one and Harada likes it so will that happen.
Lili Fan

Postby Lili Fan » September 20th, 2016, 9:36 pm

YeezyDude wrote:Well I want more new characters instead.

But I won't mind some characters from SF, DOA or VF.
Seeing as DOA already too a few characters from Virtua Fighter and Mai from KOF, I wouldn't mind if Tekken takes at least one character from DOA. Perhaps Kasumi, since she's the main protagonist from that series.
Yurishizu

Postby Yurishizu » September 21st, 2016, 4:36 am

Devil Jin prefers NyoTengu.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
YeezyDude
Modded Iron Fist
Modded Iron Fist

Postby YeezyDude » September 21st, 2016, 3:36 pm

Lili Fan wrote:
YeezyDude wrote:Well I want more new characters instead.

But I won't mind some characters from SF, DOA or VF.
Seeing as DOA already too a few characters from Virtua Fighter and Mai from KOF, I wouldn't mind if Tekken takes at least one character from DOA. Perhaps Kasumi, since she's the main protagonist from that series.
Yeah or someone that doesn't remind me of Kazumi's name lol.
SpiraNick87

Postby SpiraNick87 » September 28th, 2016, 7:27 pm

Not a huge fan of guest characters however I quite like the idea of NyoTengu from Dead or Alive 5.

If I had to pick a guest character it would probably be someone from Final Fantasy X because I adore that game. I think Lulu would work quite well. =)
FYagami

Postby FYagami » March 18th, 2017, 4:25 am

GOOD MORNING TekkenGamers. This'll by my first post here on this fancy website... :mrgreen: So here's my take on the 2 new Guest characters in TEKKEN 7:

Considering Akuma is a prominent part of the TEKKEN 7 storyline... one would think Namco might add additional Street Fighter characters, who could flesh out the storyline even further (and potentially set up the story for the mysterious TEKKEN X Street Fighter title). Random thoughts: Sagat is still absent in SFV. Kazumi Mishima has a Tiger Uppercut. They could go places with that. ;)

If not Street Fighter, why not a character from another Capcom series like Rival Schools or Darkstalkers? It would be easy enough, with Namco already working with Capcom and all. Numerous characters from other Capcom franchises could easily fit into TEKKEN.

Then there's SNK, who recently began licensing out their characters out to other series. If Namco could secure a King of Fighters or Fatal Fury icon in TEKKEN 7, we'd have a proper "Namco VS Capcom VS SNK" crossover fighting game for the first time ever. What a thought.

Or... the guest characters could be completely out of left field. Once again, and needless to say, it's an exciting time to be a TEKKEN fan.
FightersGeneration.com ✔
Yurishizu

Postby Yurishizu » March 18th, 2017, 12:24 pm

Welcome!

If the 2 guests are from Street Fighter, they don't have to be necessary part of the Mishima story. Imagine Tekken 7 as a preparation for Tekken X SF, with Akuma being the first one, just like he was in X-Men: Children of the Atom before the Marvel VS Capcom series. In my opinion the other 2 guests will be Blanka and Sakura. Both are missing from SFV but they are important, Blanka as Ono's favourite and Sakura as Capcom's schoolgirl.

If the 2 guests are not from Street Fighter, I don't think they will be from other Capcom games like Rival Schools or Darkstalkers. These characters are cool but way too cartoonish for Tekken. Plus Namco will need more licences. There are more possibilities for Soul Calibur characters like Zwei or Viola. Heihachi and Devil Jin were also guests there, Soul Calibur already belongs to Namco and no licences needed, so it is easier.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
GDwyvern

Postby GDwyvern » March 20th, 2017, 11:21 am

Zazlamel from soul calibur. He's already part of the same universe and immortal.
YeezyDude
Modded Iron Fist
Modded Iron Fist

Postby YeezyDude » April 8th, 2017, 6:21 pm

I want it to be Ayane (Dead Or Alive 5) and Yuri (Street Fighter 5) please!
Dominus_Maximus

Postby Dominus_Maximus » April 25th, 2017, 12:20 pm

I would like to see Terry Bogard, Ryo, or Robert from the Art of Fighting, Axel, Blaze, or Shiva from Streets of Rage, Kasumi from DOA, Vanessa from Virtual Fighter