Your Unpopular Tekken Opinions

Discuss anything related to Tekken! Latest news, media, movies, merchandise and more! Please use the appropriate forums for specific gaming and character discussions.

Moderators: Azaael, Kane, YeezyDude

Lili Fan

Your Unpopular Tekken Opinions

Postby Lili Fan » September 7th, 2016, 3:27 pm

What unpopular opinions do you hold on the Tekken franchise? Here are some of mine:

I like Lucky Chloe. She's perhaps my favorite of the new characters so far in Tekken 7, in fact.
I like the addition of Akuma as a guest character in Tekken 7.
I liked Scenario Campaign in Tekken 6.
I think Tekken 4 is a great game.
Tamer

Re: Your Unpopular Tekken Opinions

Postby Tamer » September 7th, 2016, 4:05 pm

And i thought i was the only one who liked Scenario Campaign. Had to give a few tries but once i learned the targeting system it became a decent brawler.
Main: Law
Others: Dragunov. Miguel, Kazuya,
epevans12

Postby epevans12 » September 7th, 2016, 5:00 pm

- downloading/playing Tekken Revolution (TR)
- using invisibles/stats (before I grew out of needing them to play)
- playing/getting good with Eliza
- becoming a True Tekken God (TTG) before most players and being called a booster/hacker... yet, I lack a computer and the necessary accessories to perform such a pitiful move (Namco was too lazy to inform the TR community when Tekken Emperor went live that they "forgot" to leave in the rank cap so players could get to TTG during this time until the bitter end when they FINALLY released the final rank some time later >.<)
Yurishizu

Postby Yurishizu » September 7th, 2016, 8:08 pm

I like weird and dark characters. I want Tekken to become more mature like Killer Instinct and Mortal Kombat.
I love Unknown and Robo Heihachi. Also Eliza, Dr. Boskonovitch, Tiger Jackson, Tekken-chan.
I hope one day Namco will create a game like Urban Reign with Tekken fighters.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SSfox

Postby SSfox » September 9th, 2016, 11:57 am

I've a lot of Fun with Scenario Campaign, even though i criticized it a lot in the past. It's just that the story was ... well let's say weird. But the story goes weird since T5 anyway.

But sure i enjoy it,the gameplay was pretty wacky tbh and not that interesting, but it was pretty fun and have some cool aspects (like Chiken and aliens whose are parts of Tekken in general lol), i returned on it many time mainly to get that easy money on Yoshi's Stage to buy cool ass outfits for my characters :D
Yo'Goodfella

Postby Yo'Goodfella » September 13th, 2016, 3:15 am

I am an avid Alisa fan, as pointed out by some. Dunno if unpopular or not, because she's more polarizing than unpopular(but extremely polarizing). Altough she is my main, I can't care less about the other so called KASGs. Instead, other mains are much darker characters:Dragunov, Bryan and Feng. I am also learning fully Jin and Nina.
Lili Fan

Postby Lili Fan » September 13th, 2016, 8:58 pm

I love the addition of rage arts in Tekken 7.
SpiraNick87

Postby SpiraNick87 » September 28th, 2016, 7:24 pm

Lili Fan wrote:I love the addition of rage arts in Tekken 7.
I was dead against them until I played it the other day. I have done a complete 180. The Rage Arts are an awesome addition. :mrgreen: